Natural Facial Sponges
Natural Facial Sponges and Our Organic Soaps Combine for the Win
The natural facial sponges offered by The Grecian Soap Company are harvested straight out of the ocean in the Gulf of Mexico or the Bahamas. These sponges resist the build up of bacteria, keeping them soft and sweet smelling with just some simple TLC. Unlike the manufactured sponges found in the store, there is nothing added to our sponges like color or scents. Use them every day and set on the counter to dry. Our sponge farmers use sustainable practices, so there will be more available for the next generation.
Soap and Sponge Gift Sets Offer an Attractive Option in One Cute Package
You love the idea of our natural sponges! Give one to all your friends and include their favorite scents with our soap and sponge gift sets. Take your pick of our silky goat's milk or natural olive oil bars. All of our soaps lather up thick with subtle scents that come from your garden and kitchen pantry. They will think of you with love every time they sink into a spa-like experience highlighted by our lovely scents and products.
Why Buy a Natural Sea Sponge?
1. Synthetic sponges are poisonous! Almost every synthetic sponge sold in the U.S. is impregnated with a disinfectant, usually triclosan. Triclosan is a pesticide registered with the EPA.
2. Sea sponges are naturally anti-bacterial as they are permeated with natural enzymes that inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and bacteria.
3. Durability. A properly cared for sea sponge will last for many months. Most synthetic sponges fall apart, shrink and become infested with bacteria and mildew in less than a week.
4. Water retention. Natural Sea sponges hold more water than artificial ones. A natural sea sponge will hold two or three times as much water than an artificial one.
5. Natural sponges are sustainably harvested. When sponges are collected, the parts of the sponge left on the ocean floor grow back. Through crop rotation, sponges are harvested over and over again as they regrow to their original size within a few years.